NATA 2017 - National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
Under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, Council of Architecture (CoA) is vested with several responsibilities. As part of its statutory obligations, CoA has the mandate to assume regulatory power in prescribing Minimum standards of architectural education Regulations, monitoring the maintenance of these standards by institutions imparting architectural education, and to make a recommendation to the Government of India with regard to recognition/ de-recognition of a qualification.
Any person desirous of pursuing the profession as ''Architect'' must have registration with Council of Architecture. For the purpose of registration, one must possess the recognized qualification as appended to the Architects Act, after having undergone the education in accordance with the CoA Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations. The registration with CoA entitles a person to use the title and style of Architect, for working in the profession of architecture and in teaching as well.
As per the Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, it is mandatory to qualify in an aptitude test in Architecture for admission to B.Arch. degree course. It is implied that a separate aptitude test in Architecture should be conducted and such test should not be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and other disciplines.
Being the competent authority for fixing norms and standards for architectural institutions, CoA has the necessary expertise to hold a Common Aptitude Test in Architecture, at the national level to provide a single window system for appearing in aptitude test.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by the Council of Architecture in order to provide such a single window system to prospective candidates for appearing in a single aptitude test and to facilitate institutions, students and society at large for admission to the First year of 5 years B.Arch. Degree Course at recognized Institutions all over the country.
Over the years NATA has gained popularity and is widely accepted as an aptitude test for admission to the First year of 5-year B.Arch Degree Course in the majority of the recognized Institutions across India. The counseling and admission are carried out only by the concerned designated authorities of the respective States/Institutions based on marks obtained in qualifying examination and the aptitude test.
During the last decade, India has witnessed a phenomenal growth in the number of institutions imparting Architectural education, from less than 100 to about 450 institutions, resulting in around 24,000 approved intake per year at present. Keeping in mind the scale and pace of present development with modernization, there is a need for a large number of competent architects and professionals to take the challenges in the decades to come.
NATA measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures mathematical skills, general aptitude, drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over their school days. NATA is also aimed to ensure that eligibility criteria for admission to five years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree course, as prescribed by CoA and duly approved by the Central Government, are strictly adhered to and followed all over the country in Architectural Institutions.
NATA, being conducted for more than a decade now, is about to embrace few changes to cope up with the changing scenario. In order to further strengthen the conduct of the test and to attract more number of bright aspirants into studying Architecture, CoA has decided to conduct NATA-2017 as a single day pen and paper based examination all over the country, for admission to B.Arch. in the academic session 2017-18. Through this change, the Council of Architecture looks forward to a meaningful outcome in the quality of architectural education and profession.
This would surely be a step towards producing competent architects to serve the society and to build the nation in coming decades, especially in view of various initiatives of the Govt. of India and the growing demand of the construction industry in the country as well as abroad.
NATA 2017 Registration Form will be filled & submitted only through online mode. The registration has been started from 2nd January 2017. The last date for online registration will be 11th February 2017. No other mode will be entertained for registration. Candidates can keep the printout copy of the filled NATA Application Form 2017 for further reference.
Candidates have to pay Rs. 1250 as registration fee. The fee can be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking. Candidates opting for exam center Dubai are needed to pay an additional examination fee of INR 7000 prior to issuance of admit card.
Candidates opting for exam center Dubai are needed to pay an additional examination fee of INR 7000 prior to issuance of admit card.
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria before registering for the NATA Registration 2017. The eligibility criteria are mentioned here:
- Three years diploma holders are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to pass HSLC or equivalent examination with Mathematics & obtain 50% marks.
- The minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2017 has been waived.
NATA Registration Dates
Here, we are updating the official date schedule for NATA Registration:
- Online Registration Starts: 2nd January 2017
- Last Date for Online Registration: 11th February 2017
- Image uploads allowed till 12th February 2017
- Fee payment allowed till 13th February 2017
- Confirmation page printing available till 28th February 2017
- Correction window: 20th Feb (10:30 AM) to 24th Feb (11:59 PM)
- Exam date: 16th April 2017
How to Apply
Candidates can register for the NATA 2017 only through online process. Here, we mentioned step wise step procedure how to apply:
- Visit the official site of NATA
- Click on the link “Click here to register for NATA 2017”.
- If you are a new user go through the “New Candidate Registration”.
- Click on “Apply” button.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill all the required details like personal details, course & exam city option, education details, communication details, password and security pin.
- Fill all the details carefully and click on Submit button.
- Go through the “Upload Images” section.
- Upload the scanned images in the prescribed format.
- Now, candidates have to pay the NATA registration fee. By clicking on “Pay NATA Fees”.
- Make the fee payment through online mode.
- After the fee payment, click on the submit button.
- Take the printout of the filled NATA application form 2017 for future use.
How to register for NATA 2017
Before registering for the NATA Exam, candidates have to ready with the given documents & details that are given below:
- SSC (Std 10) Marksheet.
- Photo ID (Driving License, Passport, UID Card, 12th admit card with photograph & signature (in originals), college ID card).
- Scanned image of Photograph in a JPEG Format. The photograph size should be 4 – 100 KB (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm).
- Scanned images of signature & thumb impress. The image size should be 1 – 30 kb (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm)
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
- List of Test Center Cities.
Candidates have to follow the given steps involved during the online registration and submission of the NATA Registration Form 2017 are mentioned below:
Go to the official site & click on “Online Registration for NATA 2017”. Go through the “New Candidate Registration” and click on “Apply”. Read the instruction carefully and click on “Click Here to Proceed”. The application form will be displayed on the screen.
Step-2: Fill Details
Candidates have to fill the following details given below:
Personal Details: Candidate Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Person with Disability (PwD), Place of Residence, Annual Family Income, Nationality, Aadhaar Number (optional), Have you applied for JEE(Main) 2017 Paper- 2 and Have you applied for NATA 2016.
Exam City Option: Apply For and three choices for exam centers.
Education Details: Fill details of 10th & 12th class details like Pass Status, Course/Stream Name, Board/University, Passing Year, Obtained Mark, Total Mark, Marks (%), Roll No/Enroll No, Institute Name & Address and Pincode.
Communication Details: Address, Locality (optional), City/Town/Village, State, District, Pin Code, Email Address, Mobile Number (+91) and Land Line No. with STD code or any other Contact No.
Password: Choose your Password, Confirm Password, Select Security Question and fill the Security Answer.
Security Pin: Enter the security pin given in the below box. Check all your details carefully and click on “Submit” button.
After successful submission of application, an Application number gets generated that will be used for further use. Candidates note down the application number for login purpose.
Step-3: Image Upload
- Go through the image upload section.
- Select the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- upload the scanned images one by one in prescribed format.
Step-4: Fee Payment
- Click on the Fee Payment Option.
- Pay the application fee through online mode (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking using BillDesk EPG services).
- Fill all the payment details in the payment gateway and pay the application fee.
Step-5: Print Confirmation Page
- After successful fee payment, candidates will be able to take a printout of the application form.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the authority.
Application Form Correction
From this year, the conducting authority will give a chance to the candidates to rectify their mistakes in the NATA 2017 Application Form. The corrections can be made between 20th Feb (10:30 AM) to 24th Feb (11:59 PM).