Change Aadhar Card Details After Marriage
This tutorial will help you to change aadhar card details after marriage.
Most of the times women face a need to change their names or surnames after marriages on their husband's surname. With this, they also have to change their names or surnames in loads of documents or identity cards.
Such an identity card or document is the Aadhar Card.
After the wedding, a woman would want to change her surname or address after the wedding for her Aadhar Card. So she has to register the change in the Aadhar Card. Men, on the other hand, would be shifting to newer homes after getting married or might switch jobs, which might result in their addresses changed.
So how do you make these changes in the Aadhar Card?
It's pretty easy, though, as there are two ways by which you can alter the details of your aadhar card like surname or address in your aadhar card.
The are two channels for changing the details of aadhar card:
I will be covering both the channels, so rest assured and follow the tutorial carefully.
Let's cover the first channel.
How to Change AADHAR CARD details Online?
You can change the following details in Aadhar Card via online channel:
- Date of Birth
- E-mail ID
There are some few things to keep in mind before applying for aadhar card details change:
- Your Registered Mobile Number is mandatory in the online process.
- You need to submit Documents for the change of – Name, Date of Birth and Address. However, Change in Gender and E-mail ID do not require any document.
- You have to fill details in both – English and Regional/Local language(Eg. Hindi, Oriya, Bengali, etc.)
- Aadhar Card Details aren't changed instantly. They get changed after Verification and Validation by the authority.
STEPS TO AADHAR CARD DETAILS CHANGE ONLINE:
- Click Here for going to the link.
- Enter your Aadhar Number.
- Fill Text Verification
- Click on Send OTP. The OTP is sent to your Registered Mobile number.
Now, You will be asked to choose the Aadhar Card Details that you want to change.
- You can select multiple fields. Select the field and Submit.
- In next window fill the Correct Detail in both – English and Local language (if asked) and Submit.
For Example – Here one has to fill the Email ID
- Verify the details that you have filled. If all the details look right, then proceed, or you can go back and edit once again.
- You might be asked for BPO Service Provider Selection. Select the provider belonging to your region.
- At last – You will be given an Update Request Number. Download or Print the document and keep it safe. It is required in checking the status of the complaint in future.
So this step completes the process of Aadhar Card details changes online.
Now let's cover the second channel which was the offline mode.
The other way of doing this (i.e. Aadhar Card Details change) is by post.
Given below is the detail of the process for the modification:
STEPS TO CHANGE AADHAR CARD DETAILS BY THE POST:
You might think that Changing the details through post would be a tedious process, but it's also an easy process. It just requires time.
Also, you have always a doubt whether the authority is entertaining your request or not!
Follow the steps of the process –
- CLICK HERE to Download the UPDATE REQUEST FORM. Fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS. All the fields are similar to what we have seen in the online process.
NOTE – Mobile number is mandatory to fill. Also, fill working mobile number which you use frequently. It is because all the process related to Aadhar Card is done with the help of the mobile number.
- You need to SEND original copies of supporting documents. For a list of Documents Click Here.
Name Correction/Update – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the Proof of Identity(PoI) listed in “Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update.”
Date of Birth Correction (DoB) – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents.”
Address Corrections/Change – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the Proof of Address (PoA) listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address.”
- Write the Aadhar no. And Type of Document(PoI/PoA/DoB) on all the copy of the document.
- Put all the documents in an envelope. Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on the top. Do not forget to seal the envelope correctly.
- Send the Aadhaar Correction form along with the supporting documents to any one of the addresses given below:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
But only sending the Aadhar Card Details change request is not enough.
You need to keep checking the status of the request.
Given below is the detail process:
CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR AADHAR CARD DETAILS CHANGE REQUEST
Step 1 – Go the website by Clicking Here
Step 2 – Fill the Aadhaar No. and URN – Update Request Number
Step 3 – Click on “Get Status.”
That's all you have to do! The new window on the screen will show the status of your request for the change in Aadhar Card Details.
Thanks for reading this tutorial, if you came across a problem, don't forget to ask for help in the comments below.