Tutorial to Update Your Aadhaar Card Online
The Aadhaar program was introduced in 2009. Since then, a lot may have changed – you may have gotten married (changed surnames), moved to a different city or locality or even lost/changed your mobile number.
Did you know that you can now update your Aadhaar card details online?
Yes – It’s possible. You can now easily update your details online without any offline documentation and then download your new Aadhaar card online and start using it.
If you want to update your latest details on your Aadhaar card at the comfort of your home, here’s what you will need:
A working internet connection
A scanner/scanning app
Recently, I wanted to change my address details in my aadhaar card, and I completed the whole process online by visiting the website of UIDAI. It took a few minutes and updating the information was easy.
Cases where you might want to change the aadhaar details:
- Your address might have changed after your aadhaar card was made.
- In case of name change after marriage in case of female
- Your mobile number or email id is changed.
- You have changed your name, or your name was wrongly captured at the time when you applied for Aadhaar card.
- By mistake, your gender or date of birth was wrongly captured.
- Any other reason.
Note: You will need your registered number to Receive a One Time Password (OTP) in your phone to be able to edit the information.
Steps To Update Your Aadhaar Card Details Online
- Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/update
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and text verification code to generate the OTP.
- Enter your OTP and then on the next screen choose the details you want to change.
- Enter the details which you want to change and then proceed to upload the documents.
- Choose the supporting document which you want to upload. Make sure the document is self-attested and signed by you and scanned back.
- Note down the UTR number which can be used later to check the status.
How to Check the status of your Aadhaar change?
Once you have submitted the change request, you will get a UTR (Unique request number), which can be used later to check the status of the change. Here is how you check the status later!
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and the UTR number (without slashes)
- You will get the status. It might be awaiting approval or might have approved already in which case you can then download your new aadhaar card online and start using it.
How to download your new Aadhaar card after the update is complete?
- Visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Choose the option to enter your aadhaar card and enter all details
- Generate the OTP and enter that to proceed
- A PDF will get downloaded which can be opened by entered your pin code as the passport
- You can now start using this new Aadhaar card by taking a color photocopy.
Why You Should Update Your Aadhaar Card
Updating your Aadhaar card is important because the card could replace your regular debit or credit cards very soon.
The Aadhaar Enabled Payments System (AEPS) is currently in its initial stages. You can use your Aadhaar card to authorize payments that will require your biometrics – fingerprint and Iris scan.
As the nation shifts towards a cashless economy, it is important that you link your updated Aadhaar Card with your bank account.
I hope this tutorial was clear and easy for you to follow. The process to update Aadhaar card details it just takes a few minutes. Try it and let me know if it worked for you or not.
Also, do not forget to share this article with your friend's circle; it might be useful to them too.
Note: If you have not aligned your mobile number with your Aadhaar number. You can't update your mobile number. First, you have to register your number.