Paying your credit card bill on time is important to maintain a good credit score and avoid penalties. SBI makes your life easier by providing convenient methods of payment that cater to a wide range of people. If you choose to make payments online, SBI offers 9 different modes for you to use. If you prefer to make your payment offline with cash or cheque, SBI provides options such as bank branch cash payments, Easy Bill Payments, manual and electronic drop boxes, as well as ATM payments using your debit card. Learn the different the different modes, methods, clearing and processing time and more to ensure your credit card payment reaches SBI on time, every time.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Online:
Pay your SBI credit card bills easily online. With the benefit of convenience, you can make the payments from the comfort of your own home or office, or even on the go from your mobile phone. SBI offers 9 different modes of online payment which have been listed below.
NEFT - Use the National Electronic Funds Transfer to make payments towards your credit card bill from your desired bank.
- Simply login to the online banking facility of your bank and opt to transfer funds.
- Add your SBI card as a beneficiary under third party transfers.
- Use the IFSC code SBIN00CARDS which is designated for credit card payments.
- In place of the beneficiary’s account number, enter your credit card number.
- Bank name will be “SBI Credit Card - NEFT”.
- You can then fill in the bank address as “PAYMENT SYSTEMS GROUP, STATE BANK GITC, CBD BELAPUR, NAVI MUMBAI.”
- Once you submit this information, your credit card will be registered and you can then make the transfers easily.
Visa Credit Card Pay - This method is quick and secure to pay your credit card bills. Login to your net banking account and select Third Party Funds Transfer. You can then select Visa Credit Card Pay. Once your enter the details of the sender and the recipient, you can confirm the transaction. The amount will be debited from your account and will reflect within 3 working days.
Online SBI - With Online SBI, you can make fast and easy credit card payments.
- Login with your used ID and password.
- Choose Bill Payments and enter “Manage Biller”.
- You can then select the “Add” tab and opt for “All India Billers”.
- Select “SBI Cards and Payment Services Pvt. Ltd”.
- To register the biller, enter your name and credit card number and submit.
- Verify the transaction with an OTP (One-time password) and your SBI credit card will be registered on the website.
- Once this is done, you can view and pay your bills.
- Click on “View/pay bills” and choose “Without bills”.
- You can then select “SBI Card” and click on “Pay”.
- Select your SBI account number which will be debited for payment and click on “Pay Now.”
The payment takes upto 3 working days to be processed.
Paynet-Pay Online – Paynet -Pay Online gives you two options to pay your credit card bill. You can login to the SBI card website and make the payment. Your account will be debited and you will receive confirmation on your registered email and mobile number. You can also pay directly on the BillDeskwebsite without logging into your SBI Card Online. This payment will be processed within 2 working days.
Electronic Bill Payment - This service is available for account holders of State Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Citibank and Bank of India. It can be used via Internet Banking, Mobile banking or ATMs. Simply login to your bank account belonging to any of the banks mentioned and add SBI card as a biller. Fill out the details about your credit card number and the bill payment amount. The transaction is completed once you confirm the details and the payment will be reflected within 3 working days.
SBI Auto Debit - This facility can be used by account holders of SBI and SBI associate Banks. The associate banks include State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore, and State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur. Download the form, print and fill it out. You can opt to pay the minimum amount due or the total amount due. You need to get the details verified by your bank and then post it to the SBI Card and Payment Pvt. Ltd. address. The amount will be deducted every month on the payment due date. You can choose to deactivate this service by downloading and sending a deactivation form to the same address.
Electronic Clearing Services - This is one of the easiest ways to pay your credit card bill. Avoid late payments, cheques, drop boxes or even remembering the due date. Download the ECS form, print it and fill out the details. You can choose to pay the total amount due, the minimum amount due or a fixed amount. Send the form and a cancelled cheque to the SBI Card and Payment Pvt. Ltd. postal address. The payment for your credit card bill will automatically be deducted from your desired bank account on the payment due date every month.
SBI Mobile Banking - Download the State Bank Freedom application on your smartphone to have access to mobile banking anytime. Register by sending an SMS to the designated mobile number provided by SBI. You will then receive a User ID and MPIN. Register and then change the MPIN to something of your choice. You need to visit an SBI ATM or branch to complete the registration process. At an ATM, swipe your ATM/Debit card and choose “Mobile registration”. Then choose “Mobile Banking Registration” and “registration”. Enter your registered mobile number and the process is complete. At an SBI Bank Branch, you need to fill out a registration form and submit it at the home branch. You can then make payments easily towards your card which will be processed within 2 working days.
Debit Card - To make payments using your SBI debit card, you can visit the Billdesk website and enter your credit card number, amount payable and your email address. Choose Debit cards as your mode of payment and select your bank account. You will be directed to the payment gateway of your chosen bank. Enter the details and verification code as required. Once you confirm the payment, the amount will be debited and you will receive an SMS and email acknowledgement. This mode takes up to 2 working days to be processed.
Offline SBI Credit Card Payment:
State Bank of India also offers traditional methods of paying credit card bills which include manual and in-person payments. For those who do not have access to the Internet or simply prefer offline methods, you can use any of the following ways to pay your SBI credit card bill.
Over the Counter Payment - Visit any State Bank of India Branch or any SBI associate bank branch to make your credit card payment. Fill in the pay-slip which will be available at the information desk. Submit this slip along with the cash to the teller who will then issue an acknowledgment receipt. You can also pay by cheque or funds transfer. Your payment will be reflected within 2 working days. SBI has over 20,000 bank branches which you can visit to make your payment. Associate banks include State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore, and State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur.
Easy Bill (Cash) - There are over 15,000 Easy Bill outlets where you can make credit card payments in cash. Locate the nearest outlet and provide your card number, contact number and the payable amount. Make the payment and collect your receipt. You can make cash payments of up to Rs. 49,000 per day. Easy Bill Outlets are opened every day. A service charge of Rs. 15 is levied for transaction amounts up to Rs. 5,000. For transactions above Rs. 5,000, Rs. 25 is charged.
Electronic Drop Box (Cheque) - If you choose to make payments via cheques, you can use an electronic drop box provided by SBI. Follow the instructions given by the machine and insert your cheque. You will receive a scanned image of the cheque as your receipt. This mode takes up to 4 working days to be processed.
Manual Drop Box (Cheque) - To deposit a cheque, SBI provides over 1,300 drop boxes across the country. You can fill in the cheque with the payee’s name as “SBI Card No.” followed by your 16-digit credit card number. Ensure that the date, payment amount and your signature are clear on the cheque. Also mention your name and phone number at the back of the cheque. Drop it into the box labelled “Credit Card Payments” and your payment will be reflected within 4 working days. Drop boxes are not for cash deposits.
SBI ATM (Debit Card) - You can make payments using your SBI debit card at any SBI ATM. Insert your card and choose “Bill Pay”. Enter your SBI card number and the amount you wish to pay. You will receive a receipt and your payment will take up to 2 working days to reflect in your account.
SBI Credit Card Statement:
A credit card statement is a detailed bill of your credit card expenditure. The statement will reflect the total amount due, the minimum amount payable, the details of every transaction billed to your card and the payment due date. It will also contain information about rewards, credit limit, EMIs and so on. Your SBI credit card statement will be generated on the billing date and will be either emailed to you or sent by post. If you do not receive a statement, you should contact SBI.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment FAQs:
- Can I drop an outstation cheque towards my SBI credit card payment?No, the SBI dropboxes cannot be used for outstation cheques.
- What are the rules on cheque payments?Some important points to remember while making cheque payments are:
- If you are using an electronic dropbox, please ensure your cheque is not folded or stapled.
- Outstation cheques are not accepted.
- Submit only account payee cheques that follow the CTS 2010 standards. This will ensure your cheque is processed on time.
- Drop box will not be cleared on Sundays and bank holidays.
- Ensure the information on your cheque is correct.
- Do not overwrite on the cheque. This will result in rejection.
- What are the cheque drop box clearance timings?Drop boxes are cleared through the week, except on Sundays and Bank Holidays. The timings from Monday to Friday are 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Drop boxes are cleared on Saturdays between 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- What debit cards are accepted for SBI credit card payment?Using the ATM, only State Bank of India debit cards are accepted. If you are using Billdesk online payment, you can use any of the following debit cards:
- Citibank Debit Card
- Bank of India ATM-cum-Debit Card
- Indian Overseas Bank
- State Bank of India Debit Card
- Bank of Maharashtra Debit Card
- Canara Bank ATM-cum-Debit Card
- Can I make a funds transfer towards my SBI credit card bill at an SBI Bank Branch?Yes, you can visit any SBI Bank Branch and request for a transfer to be made across any SBI Bank Branch or SBI associate Bank Branch in the country. Over the counter payments accept cash, cheque, and transfers.
- What are the associate banks of SBI?
- The SBI associate banks include:
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur.
- What is the limit on cash payments? Are there any service charges levied?You can pay up to Rs. 49,000 in cash at any bank branch or at an Easy Bill Outlet. For cash payments at SBI branches, a fee of Rs. 100 + service tax is applicable. For Easy Bill Outlets, a service charge of Rs. 15 is levied for transaction amounts up to Rs. 5,000. For transactions above Rs. 5,000, Rs. 25 is charged.