Have you ever been across an error termed as "Server Execution Failed."
This a common error (Server Execution failed error) in Windows 7 and is also observed in the latest version of Windows like 8,8.1 and Windows 10 too, that you can get while opening mp3 or video files using Windows Media player.
Because of this error, you will not be able to access any mp3 or files associated with Windows Media Player using Windows Media Player, but you can access them by other media players like VLC, K-Lite, etc .
This error annoys most of the users, and they find it difficult to remove this error. Therefore here is a simple solution on how to fix this problem using some basic cmd commands and registry fixing.
You may face this same server execution failed error for windows media player as well, and the fix for that follows the same. Here I will be mentioning the list of applications that usually encounter the Server Execution failed error.
Application Error Examples Facing Server Execution Failed Error:
Server execution failed error on windows media player,
Server execution failed error explorer exe,
endnote Server execution failed error,
wmp12 Server execution failed error,
google chrome Server execution failed error,
sas Server execution failed error etc.
There also could be other applications which might be facing this problem but they can also be fixed using this method.
Let's learn - How to Fix Server Execution Failed Error in Windows 10/8.1/7 – Steps to Perform:
- First of all open Command Prompt by typing cmd in start and run it as ADMINISTRATOR (MUST)
- Now add two files by typing the following commands and press Enter after each line: regsvr32 jscript.dll, regsvr32 vbscript.dll Make sure you add them one by one.
- Try Reinstalling Windows Media Player for this you have to first Uninstall it so here are the following instructions how to uninstall and Reinstall itFor Uninstalling: Go to start and then Control Panel and select Programs there you will see Programs and features below which you will see “TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF.”
- Click on this and browse Media features by clicking the small + Button on the left side and UNCHECK the box in front of Windows Media Player and Restart Your PC.
- Reinstalling: Same as above Go to start and then Control Panel and select Programs there you will see Programs and features below which you will see “TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF” click on this and browse Media features by clicking the small + Button on the left side and CHECK the box in front of Windows Media Player and Restart Your Pc.
If all of the above solutions don’t work then restore your system to a point where your computer was fine and not showing this error using Windows System Restore feature.
Hope this information Helps and Fixes your problem. If you still come across any problem, you can ask for help in the comments below.
I will make sure to help you with it as soon as possible. Otherwise, you can also reach me at instantly on my Facebook Page.